Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A little excitement, but all is well

So "Kango" decided to make sure his/her presence was known today...off and on since Saturday I had been having contractions; nothing major--in fact I really thought they were nothing more than Braxton-Hicks. When I woke up this morning with a backache though, I started to get a little nervous. I had contractions off and on from the time I got to work, so as soon as the doctor's office opened I gave my local doctor a call...off to labor and delivery I went to be examined. Both Tony and I were a little nervous, but neither one of us really felt like "This is it". I spent 2 hours hooked up to the monitors and I was, in fact, having contractions. It sure made me feel better to know that it wasn't all in my head! After an exam, it was determined that the contractions weren't causing me to dilate, so I was sent home with instructions to take it easy and keep my feet up! We all want "Kango" to stay put for one more week for sure! That would put me at 37 weeks & I'd be considered full-term.

It seems like no one, including Tony, thinks I'm going to make it to my scheduled c-section date of February 12th. I'm supposed to follow up with my regular appointment on Thursday and we'll do another biophysical ultrasound...we'll see what "the plan" is at that point.

Gavin continues to entertain us--he is our little chef through-and-through, and was delighted to help make "Cowboy Bread". Mommy measured and Gavin dumped all the ingredients in!





Another of Gavin's latest favorite things is being "Up-us-down" or upside down...this is Gavin doing his "Somersaults". He never actually goes over, just likes to look up at us from this position:



And finally, Gavin enjoying his playdoh that he got for Christmas. One of his favorite things to do is give the guy a haircut! He can do this for hours!