
Olivia is SO CLOSE to being able to go home--she and I are just trying to get the hang of breastfeeding. It's frustrating and hard; sometimes it feels like it's all on me to get her out of there. Each day gets a little easier and the feedings go a little bit better so HOPEFULLY today will be the day we get in sync with each other. If that happens, she'll be out of NICU this weekend.
Even though I know she's big & strong & healthy, this has been traumatic for me. I find myself asking God why our family has to go through this again EVEN THOUGH this is so much less critical than when Gavin was living in ICU. I started to think that maybe this breastfeeding stuff just isn't for me and I should think about quitting. It's funny how God gets his message to us in mysterious ways...Gavin is signed up for a group called "Hope Kids" which puts on events for critically ill children and their families free of charge. Everyday in my email I get the "Hope Minute" which is written by the founder of the organization. Here is yesterday's message:
Don't Give Up
Is anything too hard for the Lord? No! - Genesis 18:14
God is a god of surprises and a god of miracles. He does that for His children. The Bible is full of amazing stories of His power, His grace, and His wisdom.
Just when the womb gets too old to have babies, Sarah gets pregnant. Just when the failure is too great for grace, David is forgiven.
What is the lesson in all of this? Three words. Don't give up.
Is the road of treatment or recovery before you just too long? Don't stop. Is the night you are going through just too black? Don't quit. God is watching. For all you know right at this very moment, the check may be in the mail. The apology may be in the works. The healing may be coming.
Don't quit. Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Interesting, huh?
Here are a few of Olivia's latest photos:


