Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Gavin!

It's hard to believe that Gavin is 3 today! Sometimes it feels like the last 3 years passed in the blink of an eye...but when we stop to realize everything that Gavin has gone through in the last 3 years, it's hard to believe that it ALL happened in the last 3 years...the little Gav-man has been through more in 3 years than most people endure in a lifetime...

I remember how quickly Gavin's delivery turned from "routine induction" to "emergency c-section"...and I was so groggy from the meds that I barely got to see Gavin before he and Tony flew to Sioux Falls. Luckily for me, Tony snapped this photo of Gavin with my sister's camera, and she ran out to have it developed.



I had it next to my bed for the 2 days I had to stay in the hospital before being discharged. Little did we know how our lives would unfold...at this point in the game we thought Gavin just had some breathing issues because he was 5 weeks early. Little did we know that the roller coaster ride that would bring us to our highest highs and lowest lows had just begun. And now we wouldn't trade it for the world--don't get me wrong, I HATE that Gavin had to suffer and go through so much--but to this point Gavin has been our best teacher. The lessons he has taught us are priceless.