Thursday, January 10, 2008

Preparing for the party...and ANOTHER round of testing...

A little Gavin anecdote for you: We had our carpets professionally cleaned on Monday to spruce up for Gavin's party this weekend. Gavin was so excited as the guys were unloading all of their equipment. Ironically I had just asked the man in charge if it was best if we stuck around or got out of their way when I heard Gavin say, "Uh oh....motorcycle washing!"...I turned around and quickly discovered that Gavin had decided a handful of micro machines needed to go into the steam cleaner. Luckily the machine wasn't on and the pieces were easily fished out--and the guys all had a sense of humor about it. They were only filling the machine with water when Gavin decided that his toys needed a bath. My decision was made for me--Gavin and I decided it was a good day to get labs out of the way!

Gavin's birthday was a low key affair--we're all saving our energy for the Scooby-Doo party this weekend! I just picked up a pan of brownies at the grocery store and decorated them very quickly.



Gavin didn't care as long as it was CHOCOLATE and he got to blow out the candles. In fact, last year he wanted nothing to do with candles and this year we heard "More times???" He got to have a couple of tries at it so he'll be a pro for this weekend.



And as many of you know, I'm a *tad* bit addicted to photography...Gavin was super tired yesterday afternoon and was totally zoning out so I used the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures. I love his eyes in this shot. (And his new haircut that Tony gave him last week makes him look SO grown up)



Today brings another round of tests for me at our local hospital. Every Thursday until "Kango" arrives I spend about 3 hours lying around at the hospital for biophysical ultrasounds and non-stress tests. It's tiring, but I keep reminding myself that it's all going to be worth it in the end. It's reassuring too, to hear that heartbeat and see that baby moving around. I still have moments of panic when I worry that something could be wrong again--and I'm sure that worry will be there until we are holding "Kango" safely in our arms.